Saturday, January 2, 2016

Changes for 2016


I hope y'all had a great New Year's Day. I'm making several resolutions this year, which I will talk about more tomorrow. When I started blogging, I didn't know if people would like my idea of wanting to review anything and everything that interested me, yet I still gave it a try. And now here we are, 4 years later. Y'all have stuck with me through thick and thin, and I appreciate that. 

There have been a lot of changes over the past 4 years, some good and some not so good. I've gotten to expand my original focuses and I've tried new things, which I am glad I got the opportunity to do. That being said, I have decided to make some more changes here on the blog in order to go back towards my original idea: sharing anything and everything; in other words, sharing links and wisdom.

First, I'm stopping the weekly Throwback Thursday posts. I've found that most of the reviews I've written that I want to share with y'all have already been posted here, making throwback posts redundant. If I do a Throwback Thursday post, it'll be for a special occasion or holiday, rather than a weekly meme. Plus, I want to focus my attention on reviewing new material, which is also part of my New Year's resolutions.

As for my second weekly meme, Wellness Wednesday, I am still going to continue these posts, though not necessarily on the blog. One of my resolutions is to start posting more content on the blog Facebook page, so while I will still do WW posts on the blog for now, I am also going to start transitioning and doing those posts on the Facebook page rather than the blog.

You know I had to throw some Dr. Who in here.
I'm also not going to be starting any new weekly memes at this time. I know some people like doing weekly memes, but I've discovered that they aren't my style. While I enjoyed doing them I also found them constricting. I would rather write a Wellness Wednesday post because I found something awesome that I wanted to share rather than write one because I "had" to as part of a weekly meme.

I want to instead focus my attention on going back to what I started this blog for: sharing anything and everything I find that I think y'all should know about. It's what I love, it's what I'm good at, and it's what started all this. So I hope y'all have a wonderful and prosperous 2016, and I hope you stick with me throughout it.

No comments:

Post a Comment