Thursday, June 4, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Working Stiffs by Jana Downs


I've talked about this book before, but I've never actually posted my review of it. So, after 3 years, here it is: my review of Working Stiffs.

Blurb:
After the collapse of civilization, Ager Munez finds work as an agent, helping customers with their zombie insurance needs. He’s a bit of a workaholic and a romantic at heart, but the only romance he’s been experiencing lately involves watching his bosses in tight-fitting jeans on casual Fridays.


Jim and Jason Tanner agree they want a third in their relationship, but have never been able to find the right man. When Ager begins working at Deadzone, they know that they’ve found their match. He’s smart, funny, and adorable in a way that should be illegal in at least four sectors.

When a zombie outbreak in Sector 7 requires field representatives, the two know the perfect candidate for the job. Little does Ager know that this mission will test him in ways he’s never been tested and land him not one but two hot men in his bed and his heart.



Amazon     |     Bookstrand


My Review:4 stars - Originally read July 11, 2012

I loved this book! It was a quick, funny, fluffy read, which is what I was looking for. I also enjoyed the interesting take on zombies. Most zombie novels and movies focus on the outbreak or the immediate aftermath, or the fall of civilization. This book however is set 75 years after the outbreak in a world that continues on, except now we live in a world not only aware of zombies, but in a world where zombies are a part of life. Heck, they even sell insurance for zombie attacks. This is a fascinating world, and I can't wait to read more books set in it. I also love the jokes and funny lines. I now have several new favorite quotes:

“Of course I didn’t, Jim. How could you think that? He was just so damn beautiful sitting there with his cheeks stuffed like a chipmunk’s.”

Ager hesitated. This was an unusual situation. “Can I get to know the two of you a little more first? I don’t want to jump into this just because you get me hard.”

I loved it! I can't wait to read Brooklyn's story and Jack's. If you're looking for a quick and funny zombie read, I definitely recommend giving Working Stiffs a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment