Turkey Chili with Corn and Black Beans
Wonderful way to warm up from the warm chili and HOT spices!
- 20 oz. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can seasoned chili beans
1. Brown turkey in large skillet or large, but shallow pot. After 1 minute, add onion, red bell pepper, and spices. (I recommend adding the spices first, then letting the turkey brown a bit more before adding the onion or bell pepper).
2. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add canned ingredients and bring to a boil. (I recommend adding a second can of tomato sauce, and even the juice from the chili beans to give it a more liquid consistency and to add to the flavor, but you don’t have to).
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30-45 minutes or until onions and peppers are soft.
5. If you have some wiggle room, garnish with light shredded jack and/or cheddar cheese, dollop of light sour cream, fresh cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, etc. (I personally prefer adding sour cream and jack cheese, but you can mix it up).
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 212.6
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 361.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 19.4 g