Friday, August 30, 2013

Bookoo.com Review


There are hundreds of Bookoos across the world helping people buy and sell online without having to worry about shipping and the hassle that comes with it. Basic Bookoo membership is free but you can also buy a premiere membership.

Bookoo's premiere membership includes much higher visibility to browsing buyers, the ability to post multiple images to an item, and the ability to post more items than a basic account.

My Review:
4 stars

This was a cool site. I’m a member of several sites where you can get rid of old stuff you don’t want anymore, one of which is now defunct, and the other of which is more of a site for getting rid of stuff you don’t mind paying to ship. Other sites charge fees and are a hassle, so I’ve been looking for a site that makes getting rid of your old stuff easier, so when I heard about Bookoo, I had to give it a try.

Bookoo was relatively easy to use The site was nicely designed, and it was easy to post my stuff for sale. I could search for items by category or keyword, as well as location. Also, this is a good site for listing big items (i.e. cars, bikes, etc.) that you wouldn’t be able to list on other sites.

Now, my only problem is that this is pretty new. Which means that not everywhere has a Bookoo yet. You can start a petition for one in your area if you want one, but you will have to do some grunt work to get it set up. If you’re in a big city, it should be easy to trade and sell, but living in a smaller suburban area meant that there just wasn’t a lot of options for me. Very few people in my area are on Bookoo, so unless you’re in a big city or get lucky, there’s not a built in audience already using this. 

All in all, I think that Bookoo has promise. I love the idea of this site, especially since I haven’t run into any fees yet for using Bookoo (though I did receive a premium account for free), so you can keep all the money from your sales, which is always a bonus. Again, this site is still growing. It’s at about the child stage right now. It’s not brand new, but it’s also not very well-known or widespread yet. I will definitely use this site more in the future, and I can’t wait to see how Bookoo grows.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment