Saturday, May 18, 2013

Armed Forces Day VN2 Review

Today, Breathless Press is hosting a review event in honor of Armed Forces Day. I decided to dedicate my post to the US Navy.


A few years ago, I visited the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD with my family. It was great getting to learn more about a part of not only the nation’s history, but my own history. You see, both my grandfathers served in the Navy, and both fought in WWII, and it helped form them. I remember my grandfather telling me the Navy’s unofficial motto, “Non sibe sed patriae.” Not for self, but for country. He believed that whole-heartedly. After he left the Navy, he was a civil servant in DC for years until his retirement. And I spent years hearing my other grandpa’s stories about his days serving, and I love hearing about them. They wouldn’t be the wonderful men they turned out to be without their time in the Navy.

So on this day, the 54th annual Armed Forces Day, I just want to take the time to thank all the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces for all the good work they’ve done. Don’t forget to honor these brave men and women.




VN2 by Gwenna Sebastian


Ian Davidson is a Truebred, son of a general, and a soldier uncomfortably destined for an officer’s role in the military. Worse, he’s got a gift; he can read other’s thoughts and feel their emotions. His father has used him to get ahead in his own career despite the fact that Ian can’t quiet the voices in his own head. But when the Bond chooses Nathan as his mate, the pain ebbs and the voices cease. If only he could be sure bonding with Nate doesn’t mean he’s going to be controlled by a partner as much as he’s been controlled by his father, and his destiny.

Several months ago, Sergeant Nathan Williams lost his Bond partner in battle and along with it, his will to live. But a trip to the local recreation hub for black market supplies buys him more than he bargains for - a Bond with a new partner, Lieutenant Ian Davidson. There is something about Ian that forces Nathan to believe that the Bond between them could be stronger than his previous one. If only he can convince Ian to give in and give the Bond a chance.

When Nathan is captured on VN2, the worst post in existence, Ian is forced into new territory that he’s not familiar with - the leadership of a reluctant special forces team and his newly discovered feelings for Nathan. The struggle to accept the Bond spills into the battlefield, and Nathan is pushed to the brink with memories of his old Bond. It becomes sexual tension hell as event after event threaten to tear the couple a part when both want nothing more than to tear each other’s clothes off.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of VN2 but never actually read the blurb for it until I saw it here. Thanks so much for the review/blurbs and for info about the Breathless Press review event.

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete