Monday, October 28, 2013

Magic Moment VBT

Blurb:
When the FBI brings Laura Roberts - a quiet, reserved bookkeeper - in for questioning regarding activities at the warehouse where she works, an uneasy Laura resigns her job - only to be attacked by thugs.

Chase Donovan intends to spend a few peaceful days on his boat getting his head together - and finds a woman being assaulted by two men who say his father told them to do it.

Chase doesn’t want to believe his father could hurt anyone. Laura doesn’t understand why she’s a target. Can they learn to work together to discover the truth - before someone dies?



Excerpt:
After being overwhelmed with newly discovered passion for each other, Chase and Laura share an intimate night on the boat. When Chase discovers his father is aware of their location, he decides his father will not allow any harm to come to a daughter-in-law who carries his grandchild. So, Chase comes up with a plan that has Laura becoming his wife.

Finished with his call, Chase placed the phone on the table. He stared at Laura, not saying a word, not blinking an eye. She held her breath, afraid to speak and at a loss for words anyway. She had slept with another woman’s husband? When had Chase gotten married? And why hadn’t she heard? Surely, Chase’s marriage, and the woman who snagged him, would certainly be hot gossip items for Rachel.

“How fast can you get pregnant?” he asked bluntly.

Her green eyes widened. “What?”

“Any chance you already are?”

“Are what?”

“Pregnant.”

“No.”

“In the office, didn’t I hear you on the phone with,” he paused. “What was his name? Jeff? Joe?”

“Jack,” she corrected. “We broke up a few months ago.”

“Really?” His interest piqued.

“Yes. And I haven’t been with anyone…until last night.”

His eyes lit up and he cocked his head sideways. “You’re kidding?”

Laura equated a man in her bed with an exclusive, serious relationship. That was her rule until last night. “I can count the number of men I’ve been with on one hand, and have fingers left over.” She didn’t know whether to feel proud or slighted.

He was amazed. “Wow.” He quickly regained his purpose. “Well, we have to get you pregnant.”

The man had lost his mind.


Angela, thanks so much for stopping by. So, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?
Thank you, Emily, for the invitation and sharing “Magic Moment’s First Anniversary Tour” with me.

How did you get started writing?
My grandmother loved to read to me when I was little.  Then, as I got older we shared books. I started writing my own stories in a copybook, and she would read them. I’m sorry to say I don’t have that copybook any longer.  My grandmother bought me my first typewriter when I was ten. And, English/Composition (now known as Language Arts in schools) was always my favorite subject.


What’s the one genre you haven’t written in yet that you’d like to?
I would like to someday write a children’s book. “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Margery Williams was – and still is – my favorite children’s book. Dr. Seuss’ “Horton Hears a Who” is a close second. Both these books are heartwarming, and are about caring for others.
I’d love to hear from your readers’ on their favorite children’s books.


Are there any genres you won’t read or write in? Why?
Steampunk. I don’t understand it. Naturally, if I don’t understand it, I can’t read it. If I can’t read it, I won’t write it.


So, what are you working on right now? Got any releases planned, or still writing?
I don’t elaborate too much on works in progress. I’m superstitious. Right now, I have two short stories that I’m trying to turn into novellas. I had started a novel, completed seven chapters, when Crimson offered me the contract on “Magic Moment.” Having to work with my editor, and then promoting “Magic Moment,” I had to put that work-in-progress aside.
Since then two other novels with the exact same secondary situation have been published. I feel that plotline’s been a bit overdone, so I decided to see if I could expand my short stories.



Alright, now for some totally random, fun questions. Favorite color?     Pink
Favorite movie?     Tons of them – Sentimental romance movies, “The Notebook;” “The Way We Were;” Romantic comedy, “You Got Mail.”  Non-Romance, “Jaws,” and “E.T” come to mind.
Book that inspired you to become an author?     Too many to mention.
You can have dinner with any 3 people, dead, alive, fictitious, etc. Who are they?     Mr. Ed, Rin Tin Tin, and Lassie (animals are people, too.)


Last question: Which of your characters are you most like and how/why?
Believe it or not, I have a little of both my characters. I like to think I’m compassionate like Chase. Like Laura, climbing the corporate ladder never appealed to me.


That’s all from me, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
It was my pleasure. Thank you, again, for having me.




Angela will award a $25 BN or Starbucks GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour, so the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.


September 30: Unabridged Andra
October 14: Andi's Book Reviews
October 21: Reading In Twilight
October 28: Nana Prah's Blog
November 11: Book Bliss
November 18: The Reading Addict



Author Bio and Links:
Angela Adams writes and reviews contemporary romances. Her work has appeared in Romance at Heart, Oysters and Chocolate, and Long and Short Reviews. In December 2011, Whimsical Publications published an anthology, Winter Wonders. Ms. Adams’ short story “Burgers and Hot Chocolate,” was among the collection.

Angela is a member of Romance Writers of America and the online chapters, From the Heart Romance Writers and Elements of RWA.

Blog
Facebook

Buy Links:
AllRomance eBooks

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting "Magic Moment's First Anniversary Celebration!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Congrats on the anniversary girly! Doing anything to celebrate?? I mean, I'd use any excuse to bring out the wine...I mean chocolate....maybe both!

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Andra Lyn! I like the way you think!! Thank you so much for visiting with us today!!

      Delete
  3. Really sounds like a fascinating story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MomJane...you always have the kindest words to say about "Magic Moment." Thank you for joining us on tour.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Natasha...Glad you stopped by to check out the excerpt. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the excerpt! This book sounds great and I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing it and the giveaway. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Eve...Thank you for checking out today's post. You always thank me for sharing, but it's me who is grateful that you take the time to stop by.

    ReplyDelete