Friday, September 12, 2014

Fulcrum Gallery Artwork Review - Invictus Print


My Review:
4.5 stars

I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing one of Fulcrum Gallery’s prints. Being an art fan with very eclectic tastes, I agreed. At first, I was blown away by all the many options available, and finally decided to just look at the canvas word art since I particularly like word art. After spending two hours (yes, I did spend two hours looking), I decided to choose a print featuring the iconic poem Invictus against the backdrop of a rocky coast's lighthouse.

How it was supposed to look according to my specs.
Next, I was able to customize my print. The customization was easy, as there was an interactive image that would change to demonstrate what your print would look like depending on the options you chose. Warning: make sure you have plenty of time to pick and choose, as this process can be very time consuming. First, you could choose to either buy a simple print of the image, or you could choose between 3 other options: laminate, canvas, or frame. Depending on which of the three you chose, you could then go on to customize your entire print, from the type of wrap and brushstrokes you wanted to the type of frame and mat color (the color in between the frame and your print) you desired. There was a wide variety of choices, and yes, I did try them all to create my perfect print. I finally decided on the canvas museum wrap with regular 0.75” bars and no brushstrokes.

After I created my ideal print, I placed my order and waited. In the meantime, I visited their helpful article on how to hang canvas artwork (there's an article on how to hang framed art as well) and their blog. A week later, I received my very securely packaged print in the mail. In fact, I had a bit of a hard time removing it from the packaging, it was so well wrapped! However, it was worth the effort, as the canvas print turned out beautifully. It came exactly as I had ordered it, and  I absolutely love it, and it now has a very prominent place on my wall.

I had a great experience with Fulcrum Gallery, and would highly recommend giving them a look at the very least. The only real con that I ran into was the price. Some of the options could get quite pricey, especially when you take the shipping into account as well (mine would have cost over $120). However, the great part about that is that Fulcrum Gallery always seems to have some kind of sale going on. Whether it’s 40% everything in the store or 50% certain types of prints, they constantly have sales going, so don’t let the price tag scare you away. Plus, Fulcrum Gallery has a 30 day, 100% satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked return policy, even on their custom art, so you can shop with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment