Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Party - Roasted Almonds Recipe


This year, I plan on doing a lot of holiday baking since my family members who normally do the holiday baking are unable to this year. So while I plan on making old favorites such as pecan pie and sugar cookies, I’m also looking for new recipes to try. I found this roasted almonds recipe and am going to try making it. I’ll let you know how it goes. However, I want to hear about what recipes you plan on trying this holiday season. Feel free to share the recipes in the comments, I’m always looking for new things to try. And if you end up making these, let me know what you think of them!


TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon egg white
  • 2 cups blanched almonds

Directions
1.      In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings; set aside. In another bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to coat. Add spice mixture; toss to coat.
2.    Spread on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.

3.    Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.

2 comments:

  1. I love roasted almonds. Thank you for the recipe =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipes sounds interesting and different with the curry powder.

    ReplyDelete