Monday, January 14, 2013

Reclaiming the Edge Tour

Blurb:
The sexual journey of Dalton, Cade and Erin begins in Ragged Edge. You won’t want to miss the beginning of their lusty connection!

It isn’t a birthday celebration without a little pain to chase the pleasure—at least according to Dalton and Cade, the two men who stole Erin’s heart. Relationships are complicated and Erin has been retreating—both emotionally and physically—from her lovers. Pushed away for reasons they don’t understand, and determined to erode her resistance, the men devise a wicked plan. They intend to use two very special gifts and one captivating night to reclaim her submission. But Erin’s trip to subspace extracts a heart-wrenching confession that threatens to rip the triad apart forever.


Warning: Contains a well-trained, dirty-talking submissive who succumbs to the commands of her Master, custom nipple clamps, tongue wagging oral sex, a well-deserved punishment with a butt plug, men who share more than a few heart-racing kisses and a custom-made-work-of-art sex chair that shows this M/M/F triad just how powerful their passion for one another is. And that’s just chapter one.


Guest Post:
I’m the kind of author who believes reviews are for readers more so than they are for me. Sort of like how reviews about restaurants are for customers. Don’t get me wrong, I love to see that one of my books affected someone enough to take the time to write a review, be that review good or bad. They had some kind of emotion reaction and I totally appreciate the investment of time and energy writing a review takes! So what do I do about a negative review of one of my books?

The answer is simple: Nothing

An author can spend a lot of time and energy getting upset about a negative review. And let’s face it, every author has gotten a negative review. There isn’t an author on the planet who hasn’t received a negative review of some kind. The trick is learning that the energy spent fretting over a negative review can be better spent actually writing. Since I have a day job still, I have precious little time to write. That means I’ve chosen to spend my time focusing my energy on doing something I love instead.

I don’t know about other authors, but I don’t have time to go trolling the internet hunting down reviewers who found something about one of my books that they didn’t like (don’t laugh, I’ve watched it happen). Before my first book was ever published, I knew not everyone was going to identify with my characters, like the fact I wrote different genres/levels of heat, or even like my “author voice”. The beauty of being individuals is that we are all allowed to have an opinion about what we like and what we don’t.

The bottom line is also simple: You can’t make everyone happy. Make yourself happy instead.


Excerpt:
“I haven’t seen that look in your eyes in a very, very long time.” Dalton stepped out of the shadows, his fingers capturing her chin to tilt her face to accommodate for their vast height difference. His lips brushed lightly against hers. “I’ve missed it.”

His arresting gray eyes had always been something she got lost in, especially when he looked as if he could devour her at any moment. The pleasurable thought did a lazy slide low in her gut.

Licking her lips, she reminded herself why she’d come here. “You’re late.”

“Seeing you look that way was totally worth it.” Dalton smiled, his fingers skimming against her forehead as he brushed her long fall of strawberry-blonde bangs out of the way.

His warm lips pressed against her skin before he gathered her close to his body. She’d always felt so tiny in his arms, his muscular bulk nearly overwhelming. Trapped in his embrace, she’d once been so safe and secure, as if nothing could touch her because she was invincible.


Sara will be awarding a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Follow the tour and comment, the more you comment, the better your chances!
November 19: The Menagerie Authors
November 19: REVIEW Wicked Readings By Tawania
November 26:  Seductive Musings
December 3:  Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess
December 10:  BadBarbsPlace
December 17:  Bodice Ripper Novels
December 31:  Delighted Reader Book Reviews
January 7:  Where Being Different Is Celebrated
January 7:  STOP 2  Bunny's Review
January 14:  Sharing Links and Wisdom


Bio and Links:
Sara Brookes is an award-winning author who has always been fascinated by the strange, the unusual, the twisted and the lost (tortured heroes are her personal favorite). She is an action movie junkie, addicted to coffee and has been known to stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing RPG video games. Despite all this, she is a romantic at heart and is always a sucker for an excellent love story.

You can contact Sara at sara@sarabrookes.net or PO Box 5583 Suffolk, VA 23435

Website
Twitter
Facebook
Facebook Author Page
New Release Announcement List
Buy Link


18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tour, the book sounds great.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you on reviews. Reading taste differ so greatly. People like what they like. Thank you for the giveaway.

    flip at ida dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact that reading tastes do vary so greatly is a wonderful thing!

      Delete
  4. I agree, no need to worry about bad reviews. Better to listen to your characters. Not everyone likes the same things. Good luck.
    z
    seawitch reviews at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds great
    vera 28546 at yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like one I'll enjoy!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered what authors did about negative reviews. I haven't given any, but whenever I have anything even remotely bad to say, I have had some nasty emails.
    phaedracamille@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would take a less than positive review very badly. It's refreshing to see your approach.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great giveaway!

    anasmithblue@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your view on reviews...we're all different and that includes our likes and dislikes and it makes us so unique! Definitely take the good and keep the karma positive!
    Love this excerpt and definitely must read!
    ivegotmail8889(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the book tour! Sounds like a great book!
    Ashley A
    ash_app(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the book tour!

    evanlea at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a great read. I have to add this to my reading list ASAP. Good luck on the coming year.

    Judy Peterson
    strawberryrose@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very curious book. Thanks for sharing it! I might have missed hearing about it otherwise :)

    Thanks for the chance!

    hisboywonder(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the book tour!

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete