Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cherry Red Review

Cherry Red
4 stars

I enjoyed CHERRY RED. One of the things I liked most about it is that it truly is erotica. Meaning, it has lots of sex, yet it also has a decent plot. It is a short read, but I don't feel like I missed much. Instead, it felt like I was reading about the beginning of a romance, how they met, etc. I could see future books featuring this couple and their romance.

Tom works as a bouncer in a gay club, but he claims that he's not gay. However, when gorgeous male model Andre needs his protection, Tom tries to hold back but he can't deny his desire for Andre.

I also liked having the story told in first person, as it made me feel more connected to it. The only downside is that you only get Tom's point of view, not Andre's. But it's not much of a problem in a short book like this since the focus is more on the main points of what's going on versus the details. Also, there is a lot of character development for such a short story. Tom and Andre weren't just cardboard cutouts. In terms of looks and personalities, both Tom and Andre were well written and fleshed out, which I loved.

As for the sex, it was HOT! One thing that Jack Greene does well in every book is the sex. It was hot, it was sexy, it was even kind of romantic. Another thing I liked is the amount of sex scenes. There were two and they weren't overly long or over the top. They fit in well with the story and they didn't drag it down. They were just right for the story, which doesn't happen often with shorter stories like this.

All in all, CHERRY RED was a great read, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a short and sexy read!




2 comments:

  1. It is nice when an erotica also has a plot. I don't mind the sex in the book but I do need a story line with a good plot. so, count me in.

    Judy
    strawberryrose@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Another book I'll have to add to my wishlist! :)
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete