Friday, March 20, 2015

Hers to Bear VBT

Blurb:
Twenty-five and never been kissed, Jenna Raynes is a beautiful woman with a rubenesque figure often overlooked by men. In the mood for a little honey, the sassy new schoolteacher is stopped in her tracks by one growled word from an alpha bear…“Mine.”

Bern Helms’ inner bear catches the scent of his destined mate. His animal’s desire is drawn to her curves, but Jenna is human, and not lured to him by instinct. Convincing her begins as a sizzling, sweet affair that is soon spoiled by danger. In their small backwater town, nerves are strung taut. Someone is abducting shifter children.

When confronted, Jenna is as protective of her students as a mamma bear. For Bern, all bets are off when the kidnapper’s take Jenna too. Nothing will keep a bear from his mate. The hunters will become the hunted…


Excerpt:
Bern had come into the store for his daily honey fix. He admitted it, he was addicted to the stuff. He had just bought two dozen biscuits at the bakery and he was going to drown them in honey, along with a nice piece of salmon for dinner.

When he stepped through the door he stopped in his tracks. His nostrils flared and his heart began to race. What was that fabulous scent? Like honey and vanilla, but something else too. Something that was making his cock stand up and do a happy dance in his pants.

Mate. Oh my God and goddess, his mate was in this store. He couldn’t think. Instinct took over and his legs carried him to the source of the tantalizing scent that had his libido raging and his bear roaring.

He was beside her before his brain had caught up with his body. He had to touch her. She was his. His hand covered hers as she reached for a jar of honey on the shelf. “Mine,” he growled. When she looked up at him with crystal blue eyes he thought he’d fallen into them and drowned.

Flawless porcelain skin covered a face that could have been painted by Botticelli. Pale blonde lashes framed her startled eyes and her cheeks were flushed an enticing pink. She bit her bottom lip and he wanted to kiss away the sting her torment caused the luscious flesh.

“There’s more than one jar,” she said, and her voice was husky and sweet.

She took a step back and a low growl escaped his throat. His bear didn’t like their mate backing away from them.

“I beg your pardon?”

“You are mine. You are my mate.”



Tamara, thanks so much for stopping by. So, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a 50 year old Wife, mother and grandmother. I live in central Tennessee on sight acres with my 2 dogs and 2 cats, my husband and my dad. I love to cook (too much) and read, of course. I spoil my grandsons terribly and that is the best thing! Hop them up on sugar and give them back. Lol.


How did you get started writing?
I’ve been writing since High school. Where I was in the creative writing club and wrote poetry and short stories, but I quit for years after I got married and had children. Then when all my little birdies left the nest and I was bored and spending all my time reading and on Facebook, I found a bunch of like-minded readers! That hooked me up to a review site, which got me beta reading, and then writing again and… that’s how it went. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was an author. Shocked the heck out of me!


What was the inspiration for your book?
I’ve told that story before on the tour. But it’s a funny one. I was at a release party for a friend and someone posted a contest question. “If you were to write a shifter romance, what kind of shifter would your hero be? And how would he meet his mate?” I answered the question and Hers to Bear was born. I had to write the book!


What’s the one genre you haven’t written in yet that you’d like to?
If I get the nerve I’d like to give BDSM a try. I enjoy reading the genre and would love to try my hand at it, but it would require a LOT of research and I wouldn’t want to make a mistake.


Are there any genres you won’t read or write in? Why?
I’m not a fan of Regency Romances and I would never write one. Too much research and just not my cup of tea.


So, what are you working on right now? Have any releases planned, or still writing?
I’m working on two right now. Book 2 in the Animal in Me series, Bear Hearts, which is due out in May and Changing Tides, Which is a Military Romance.


Alright, now for some totally random, fun questions. Favorite color?                
Emerald Green

Favorite movie?               
I Remember Momma

Alright, you have one superpower. What is it?
Telepathy

You can have dinner with any 3 people, dead, alive, fictitious, etc. Who are they?
Lincoln, Acheron, Will Rogers


Last question: Which of your characters are you most like and how/why?

This is a really hard one for me, because I put a little of me into all me heroines. But I guess Samantha from Chasing Love would be the closest. She is an older heroine, over-weight, insecure about her looks, loves Christmas, and is a coffee addict. All me! Lol





Author Bio and Links:
Tamara Hoffa lives in central Tennessee, with her husband of 30 years, her parents, 2 dogs and 2 cats. She started reading at four years old and has rarely been seen without a book since. At home you will usually find her in “nana’s chair” with her kindle, her laptop or one of her precious, precocious grandson’s in her lap. Tamara is an author, an editor, and reviews/promotions coordinator for Secret Cravings Publishing. Tamara is proof positive that it’s never too late to reach for your dreams.

Contact Links:
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Goodreads     |     Blog
Pinterest     |     Amazon     |     Google+     |     TSU

3 comments: