Thursday, October 9, 2014

Purr-fect Mating Review Tour

Blurb:
Fhina and Wulfar have a little problem.

On their wedding night, at the stroke of midnight, Wulfar changes into his shifted wolf form and cannot shift back. Not even to communicate with the woman he loves.

Fhina, upon waking the day after their mating, no longer recognizes her mate. Pregnant and confused, she’s convinced herself her mate has run away and left her to live alone. With his dog.

Can the cursed pair find a counter charm before Fhina gives birth? Will Wulfar be able to curb his inclination to run?

Or will their mutual curses break up their love affair before it’s really even started.


Excerpt:
“Ma’am, is that your truck outside? The one with the specialized license plate PRTYKTY?” I glance out the window. The ancient Ford my father left me is parked where I left it. “Is there a problem?”

“I’m going to have to talk to you about the wolf in your truck. You do realize that you do realize that state law prevents anyone from owning a wolf as a pet?” He turns,, a serious frown on his face.

“I don’t own a wolf.” I follow his gaze.

Wulfy is standing in the bed, barking at a nearby bird. Does the police officer really think he’s a wolf? Anyone can see he’s a husky. “Wulfy’s a dog. Take a look at his blue eyes. Wolves only have blue eyes for the first few weeks of their lives. Dogs can have blues eyes for life. Google it.”

Beside me, Bella giggles, then snorts so hard, she can’t stop. Apparently, the donut sugar rush finally hit her and she’s losing it.

“Stop that. This is serious,” I hiss, but it does nothing to deter her fit of laughter.

With an exacerbated sigh, the officer pulls out his notebook and begins writing. “Looks like a wolf to me Ma’am. we’ll let the Humane Society figure this out, shall we?” He pulls out his cell phone and begins punching in buttons.


My Review:
4 stars

Freaking. Loved. It. This book was such a great read! The writing style was unique and different from most books I've read. I don't want to get in to to many details and spoil it, but I would recommend trying to read a portion of the book to see if you liked the author's writing style as it is different and kind of out there. 

This is a short read, with three months of activities and events squeezed into 40 pages, and the book moves fast. While the beginning was a bit confusing, once I got a few pages in, the action just kept coming, and I couldn't stop reading. One of the most surprising aspects of the book for me was the humor. I couldn't stop laughing while reading this. The humor fit in with the story and when combined with the engaging and interesting characters, made this a solid 4 for me.

I wish the story had been more fleshed out, since there were questions left unanswered, part of which is due to the author's writing style and the length, but all in all, I would definitely recommend giving Purr-fect Mating a read.



September 25: Book Enthralled


Author Bio and Links:
Sheryl Winters lives in a small town in Alaska. She grew up in the midst of old country story tellers, so you might say writing comes naturally to her. She is known for writing paranormal romances with a twist. Her writing inspiration often comes from the great outdoors of Alaska and she enfolds bits of it into her stories. For further inspiration, she has raised a menagerie of cats and dogs to the aged spirits they have become. 

Website     |     Facebook     |     Twitter


Buy Links:
Roane Publishing    |     Amazon
Amazon UK     |     Bookstrand     |     Smashwords

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in! And, I agree, a very nice review!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the review. I loved that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the good review. Unique premise which sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete