Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Green Rose Review Tour

Blurb:
On the continent of Gaia, evil is brewing. Turncoat wizard, Balthyser, kidnaps the kings of Dahaka and Tapin. He wants the green rose, a source of powerful magic.


Princess Sonia of Tapin is forced to hunt down the rose in exchange for her father's life. It's the ultimate betrayal of Gaia's peace, but she has no choice if she wants to save her father.


Prince Ivánstan of Dahaka accompanies her on the journey. Both face challenges and obstacles that test their strength of character during the hunt for the rose. Dare Sonia put her trust and faith in a man she hardly knows to secure Gaia's peace or will the continent's harmony be shattered forever?



Excerpt:
Draco stood next to the bank of the brook on hind legs which were thick and stocky. The dragon was no taller than Ivánstan. His wings rested at his side. The green scales that covered his body glistened in the twilight. Upon seeing her, Draco's eyes widened and he moved his head, looking her over from head to toe. Sonia cradled the now sleeping Hiro in her arm against her breast. Heat radiated from the dragon's body.


Ivánstan glanced at Draco and chuckled. "He says you're pretty." "Thank you." She'd never been called pretty by a dragon before. Draco raised his right wing, exposing his claws upward.


"He wants you to put your hand in his. It's his way of greeting you." "I won't burn?"


"Nay. His scales usually negate the heat's effect for us."


Sonia steeled her courage. Seeing Draco so close, she understood why Ivánstan's bonding had been so challenging. She had to trust him when he said Draco wouldn't burn her.


There was that dirty word again -- trust. But how dirty was it? Why did Ivánstan consistently demand it of her? And why did she give it piece by piece?


Slowly, she offered her hand to the dragon. His scales possessed the consistency of slate, but she detected an inner hardness, reminding her of Taveran steel. His claws wrapped around her hand.



My Review:
4 stars

Well, Stephanie’s done it again. She’s delivered another wonderful book that I loved. Now, I don’t want to give away too much, since this is a book best enjoyed with minimal spoilers. I loved discovering all the twists all on my own.

But, that said, I loved her world building. Gaia is a magical and fascinating place, full of interesting sites and awesome characters. I also loved the fact that nobility is bound to animals, as it provided some interesting twists and fun moments.

I especially enjoyed Sonia and Ivánstan. Their romance was great, and the chemistry was awesome. It’s so nice to see a strong female character and a guy who’s not a total jerk.

All in all, The Green Rose was full of adventure, magic, romance, great writing, and intriguing plot twists, all of which I enjoyed. I highly recommend you get a copy and see for yourself.


Stephanie will be awarding a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. So the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.


February 13: It's Raining Books
February 20: Our Wolves Den



Author Bio and Links:
Stephanie Burkhart is a 911 dispatcher for LAPD.  She was born and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire.  She served 11 years in the US Army and currently calls Castaic, California her home. Stephanie was married in Denmark in 1991 and has two young sons. She adores chocolate, is addicted to coffee and enjoys early morning walks.  She's also an assistant den leader for her son's Cub Scout den and is a Boy Scout mom. She writes paranormal, contemporary, and steampunk romance and has two children's books published with 4RV Publishing.


Find me on the web at:
Website    |     Twitter     |     Facebook
Goodreads     |     Youtube     |     Pinterest


Buy Links:
Publisher’s Site     |     Amazon     |     Barnes & Nobles

AllRomanceEbooks     |     Sony Ebooks

8 comments:

  1. I really loved the review. I would love to read this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your patience with me! I'm so sorry to pop in so late, please forgive. It's been a hectic day doing errands.

    Thank you so much for having me here today. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. :) For those just popping in, I have a question for you: Do you like to read your books on an ebook reader or do you prefer print?

    Please don't forget to leave your email addy.

    Smiles
    Steph Burkhart
    http://www.stephanieburkhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story line. Thank you for the no spoilers.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review of your book Stephanie. I love to read in my ereader and my paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great fantasy read. I love a;; the green on the cover, my fave color :)

    ReplyDelete