Friday, March 15, 2013

The Bannockburn Spell Excerpt Tour

Blurb:
With the help of a bet, an eight-hundred-year-old marriage contract, and a spell, ex-SBS soldier Will might just have enough in his arsenal to capture Meghan’s heart.

Since arriving in Little Glen, Scotland, Meghan Kennedy’s life has got decidedly more interesting. She enters into a bet with hunky ex-SBS soldier, William MacKenzie, discovers an ancient marriage contract and to top it all off, she learns that she had a spell cast on her…eight hundred years before she was even born. None of it matters, because she refuses to make the same mistake twice. Will’s hard body and sexy grin don’t matter, his beautiful hypnotic eyes don’t matter, and it doesn’t matter that every time they kiss her body calls out for his, as though denied of his touch for hundreds of years.

Ex-SBS soldier William MacKenzie is disciplined, trained to be an efficient soldier and he takes the same approach with his life as he does his business. Then Meghan arrives, with her fiery temper and hair to match, all he can think about is Meghan. Her feisty temper bemuses him, her beauty astounds him and her stubbornness annoys the hell out of him. Lucky for him, he doesn’t know how to quit, he can be just as stubborn and occasionally ruthless, and he will use any means necessary to get her. Of course the ‘means’ at his disposal just happen to be a bet, a marriage contract and an ancient spell, but if in the end Meghan belongs to him, who is he to argue?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt:
“Leaving early?” Grace was a nice lady, in her mid-sixties, with short white hair. She had been the librarian in Little Glen for over twenty years, and therefore knew a lot.


“Yah, I can’t seem to focus today. So, I’ve decided to go for a walk instead, maybe some fresh air will help.”

“It usually does. Well, on your travels do you mind dropping this off to Will for me?” Grace handed her several sheets of paper. “He was in here early this morning using the printer and left these behind. I saw him heading over to The Black Ale about an hour ago.”

“Sure.”

Grace put the pages down on the end of the table while Meghan finished gathering her belongings. She was putting on her coat when she glanced down at the top page and noticed her last name. She saw Grace disappear behind a tall shelf and Meghan quickly snatched up the pages. One was a copy of an old document written in Gaelic and the other appeared to be the translation. She scanned the first. Guess her parents were right, learning Gaelic wasn’t a complete waste of time.

By the time she was done reading she was so dazed, she had to sit down. She read the translated version just in case she had mixed up some words—like ‘marriage’! She placed the papers gently down on the table and stared at them. Maybe she was mistaken? Maybe she had read it wrong? She picked it up and read it for a third time.

No, no. She had read it right. Her stomach suddenly flipped and a heavy weight made her gag. “Oh, my God.” She swallowed hard fighting the urge to throw up.

This was a marriage contract and her name was on it. What the… How had he… “Oh my God!” Her head was spinning with questions. What was he doing with this? How did he even know about this thing? Was this why he kept pressuring her? Was this the reason why he was interested in her? To fulfill a stupid marriage contract?


Anger swelled in her chest as her stomach rolled. No one would force her to do anything. It wasn’t 1314—arranged marriages were extinct. This contract would get him nothing but a good kick in the ass. God, she couldn’t believe that he was doing this and she had been having doubts about him. She felt disappointed and foolish.

Snatching up the remaining pages, she called out to Grace, “You said Will’s at The Black Ale?”

“Aye, he and most of the town are there watching football.”

“That’s great,” And waved as she pulled open the door, “Thanks, Grace.”

Grace picked up the phone and quickly rang Hamish. When the phone was answered all she said was, “She’s read it.”

“When?”

“About five or six minutes ago.” She paused to hear Hamish’s reaction. “She’s on her way.”

“Is she now?” Hamish answered.

“She’s worked herself into quite the state. Just thought I’d give you fair warning.”

“And so you have.”

“How is he?”

“Agitated, for about five minutes now,” Hamish revealed casually.


Grace gasped in awe. “All this time and it’s true.”

“Aye, it’s true.” Hamish chuckled. “Ah! Here she is now.”



Nancy will be awarding a $20 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a $20 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn host. So the more you comment, the better your odds of winning.

March 11:  Books to Light Your Fire
March 12:  Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess
March 13:  Krystal Shannan - Where Love and Destiny Collide
March 14:  Rachel Leigh
March 15:  Sharing Links and Wisdom
March 15:  STOP 2  Long and Short Reviews
March 18:  Francesca's Mindstream
March 19:  Wickedly Wanton Tales
March 19:  STOP 2 It's Raining Books  
March 20:  Racing To Read
March 21:  Storm Goddess Book Reviews and More
March 22:  Christine Young Romance Writer


Bio and Links:
I am a full-blooded Canadian, right down to the maple syrup running through my veins. I enjoy watching hockey, but despise skating...and the cold.  I enjoy a good helping of Tourtiere with a side of Poutine as must as the next person, yet I am only bilingual when it comes to swear words.  I am proud to say I survived my token shot of Newfie Screech, although I did refuse to kiss the Cod - that is never going to happen - and I openly admit, that I fell in love with the Rocky Mountains the first time I saw them.


I have many occupations written down in my passport, mom, wife, author...zookeeper!  However, I have to say that writing is by far the easiest part of my day.

I have three small -but legal- addictions: bed lines, lavender, and books.  All of which, are replenished on a regular basis.  Reading into the wee hours of the morning, is one of many bad habits, next to spontaneously rearranging furniture and randomly painting rooms in my house.

Author Links:
Website
Blog
Facebook

Buy Links:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
All Romance Ebooks
Publisher

13 comments:

  1. I'd be reading it for the third & fourth time I think.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Canadian and you despise the cold? That's a problem!
    What's an addiction to "bed lines"? I've not heard that term.
    It sounds like the whole town is in on the Will & Meghan thing...What fun.
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I despise the cold AND I’m Canadian. That might seems like strange stuff, but it’s not uncommon. And trust me, the winter months tend to lose appeal when you breathe in through your nose...and your snot freezes. OUCH!!!! LOL

      ‘Bed lines’ My bad! What can I say except...I love bed linens oops! I mean lines. Hahaha

      The residents of Little Glen are protective, loyal to a fault, they act like crazy possessed relatives, and they enjoy every minute of it! So yeah, it will be lots of fun. :-D

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for having me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I understood only about half of what you said in your bio...I thought I was up on the Canadian lingo because I live in Michigan but apparently not! lol


    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Michigan! You should know our lingo! Okay...get your buns up here and we'll teach you a new form of English! FYI I can't promise you it be a good form though. lol

      Delete
  5. Nice excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would mad as well so I feel for her!

    anzuazura at yahoo dot de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL
      Don't worry she's tough.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  7. lol, now Will be in for quite the talk, I imagine :)

    shadowrunner1987(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, I'm not sure there will be any talking involved! ;-)

      Delete