Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Savage Angel Tour

Blurb:
Book two in The Earth Angels

Feel nothing. Sara Savitch's personal mantra has been hard to live by ever since her torrid one-night stand with army doctor Gideon Mandeville. Descended from the Seraphim, angels known as heaven's soldiers, Sara may be an expert fighter, but she's an amateur when it comes to relationships.

Physically unharmed, but still battle-scarred, Gideon has returned to Dallas in the hopes of regaining his faith in humanity—and in himself. Instead he's walked into a nightmare. His father is on a serial killer's hit list, and has hired a personal bodyguard—the very woman who has haunted Gideon's dreams for a year.

As Sara works to build an impenetrable fortress around her client, she yearns to tear down the one around Gideon's heart. With his bitter rejection of warriors, will he ever be able to accept her true nature? Sara must find a way to trust Gideon with her secret as the killer closes in…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt:
“Let’s make this quick,” she announced without preamble, heading over to the desk and gesturing an invitation toward the chairs on the opposite side of it. “I have a meeting waiting for me, along with about a fifty other things that need to get done before noon. And in future, I’d appreciate it if you would call and make an appointment the next time you want a face-to-face.”

“An appointment? For me?” Refusing to even look at the chairs she’d indicated, Gideon kept his distance and stayed by the windows, his expression so remote he looked as unapproachable as the moon. “Do you insist all your lovers do that, or is it just me?”

She hoped her swift intake of breath was something only she heard. “You’ve made it apparent we don’t have that kind of relationship and after yesterday, I’m forced to agree with you. You’re not my lover, or boyfriend, or even acquaintance. We’re strangers, and I have no problem keeping it that way.”

“Except for the small fact that strangers don’t usually have mind-blowing sex up against the garage wall, do they?”

Her fingers curled into her palms, and she wondered if her face looked as neon-red as it felt. “And here I was, thinking you’d forgotten about that.”

“Something that hot is hard to forget.”


Stacy, thanks so much for stopping by. So, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?
SG: Hi there, and thanks so much for having me!  Hmm, about myself (boring subject, gotta say :D)… Okay. From the age of eight when I started figure skating competitively, I wanted to be a skating coach.  But I also wanted to be a writer, so at the age of fourteen I wrote my first 300-page romance. It was absolutely terrible, but I knew then that I had what it took to start—and finish!—a writing project.  I’m so lucky now that I have both of my dream careers.

How did you get started writing?
SG:  Heehee, I’m a born romantic! I used to rewrite my old Trixie Belden endings so that Trixie and Jim Frayne wound up kissing each other stupid.  Eventually it was more fun to make up my own characters, and I’ve been rolling ever since. ;)

So, why angels?
SG:  Oooh, great question!  The basic mythology was already in place (so maybe I’m lazy??? :D). The Nephilim, human-angel hybrids, were mentioned in the bible as “heroes of old, men of renown”, but in other books they’ve ALSO been vilified as the offspring of the Fallen Angels and basically described as the world’s first vampires *shudders*.  So, which one is right?  I love this angsty “am I good, or am I bad” drama, as well as the concept that their descendants might still be among us (Goliath, for instance, was a descendant of Anak, an original member of the Nephilim).  To me, the idea of modern-day Nephilim living amongst us with hints of angelic powers—from spiritual to pyrokinetic to psychic and everything else you can imagine—is incredibly fascinating.

Who or what inspired the character of Sara? Cause I gotta say, she looks like a kickass version of Lara Croft on the cover.
SG: I love this cover soooooo much! *flails*  I took Sara’s powers from the beings from whom she’s descended—the Seraphim.  Who were they? The
Seraphim are a group of angels created for the sole purpose of guarding the throne of God.  In other words, they’re the Secret Service of heaven. :P  They have six wings of fire, the only angels who have this odd feature, and are staunch soldiers dedicated to defeating rebel forces (demons).  Sara, mostly human but still with a teeny bit of angelic DNA in her makeup, is a private bodyguard who’s hard-wired to protect and defend.  She’s a perfect soldier, but when it comes to social situations… let’s just say she’s awkward.  Really, seriously awkward. ;)

What’s the one genre you haven’t written in yet that you’d like to?
SG: Ha! Omigod, don’t ask my editors that!  They think I write in too many genres as it is. For now, I’m trying to limit myself to paranormal romance, contemporary romance and futuristic/sci-fi romance.  But… *voice drops to a whisper* little do my editors know, I’ve been working on a YA fantasy trilogy and a New Adult contemporary.  Once I reveal these projects, they’re probably going to shoot me. :D

Are there any genres you won’t read or write in? Why?
SG: I don’t see myself writing in any type of historical setting that’s not speculative (like steampunk—I LOOOOOVE steampunk).  I don’t have the patience to research everything so that it’s historically accurate.

So, what are you working on right now? Got any releases planned, or still writing?
SG: Wheee, I’m so glad you asked!  My next release will be Book 3 in The Earth Angels, WOUNDED ANGEL, out May 27th of this year.  Then in July I’m starting an open-ended, small town contemporary romance series called Bitterthorn, Texas.  The first book is a high school reunion-themed story, entitled UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST, and it’s one of my personal favorites (the awkward nerd becomes a beautiful swan and wins at life in the end, so what’s not to love? <3 ).  Both of these projects are being published through Carina Press, Harlequin’s digital publishing arm. P.S. Carina Press, I heart you! :D

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!
Thank YOU so much for letting me drop in!  I’d like to extend a big thanks to your readers as well, and if you don’t mind, I’d like to ask them a question.  What’s their favorite genre to read?


Stacy will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a second randomly drawn commenter will be awarded a $10 Amazon GC. A $25 Amazon GC will be awarded to a randomly drawn host.

February 11:  Full Moon Dreaming
February 12:  Loose the Hounds
February 13:  Fantasy Powered by Love
February 14:  My Reading Obsession
February 15:  Urban Girl Reader
February 19:  Rachel Brimble Romance
February 20:  Books and Other Spells
February 21:  The Muse
February 21:  STOP 2  Books Are Magic
February 22:  Worlds of Possibilities
February 25:  Delighted Reader
February 26:  Flirting With Romance
February 26:  PROMO The Talent Cave Reviews
February 27:  REVIEW The Write to Read
February 28:  Storm Goddess Book Reviews and More
February 28:  STOP 2 Jenna's Romantic Notions
February 28:  STOP 3  J.C. Martin, Fighter Writer
March 1:  Krystal Shannan - Where Love and Destiny Collide
March 4:  Decadent Delights
March 5:  REVIEW ONLY Wicked Readings by Tawania
March 6:  Sharing Links and Wisdom
March 7:  My Paranormal Book Review
March 8:  Let's Get BOOKED!
March 8:  REVIEW ONLY  Erzabet's Enchantments

Bio and Links:
A competitive figure skater from the age of eight, Stacy Gail began writing stories in between events to pass the time. By the age of fourteen, she told her parents she was either going to be a figure skating coach who was also a published romance writer, or a romance writer who was also a skating pro. Now with a day job of playing on the ice with her students, and writing everything from steampunk to cyberpunk, contemporary to paranormal at night, both dreams have come true.

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Amazon Page

Buy Links:
Amazon
B&N
eBooks .com

25 comments:

  1. Oh, I think UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST sounds fantastic, I love that theme :)

    lyra.lucky7(at)gmail Dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyra! There's going to be an interview in RT Magazine about UDFF that I'm very excited about! :)

      Delete
  2. The YA novel sounds interesting, what is that one all about?

    Jibriel.O(at)web(dot)de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it's simply called the Riley McCool trilogy, and it deals with the Fae, powerful modern-day Druids, a child from both worlds born on the autumnal equinox and 1000 years of peace that's about to come to a catastrophic end. :) It was a lot of fun to write!

      Delete
  3. I think this story sounds exciting. How fun to be able to write in so many genres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I think so, but I do believe I make my editors shake their heads in dismay. :D

      Delete
  4. What is the best book you have read this year?

    hopefull1978 AT gmail Dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered Ilona Andrews and their "Edge" series. I really enjoyed "On the Edge." :)

      Delete
  5. I think it's great that you are flexible in your choices of genres, congratulations to your upcoming release!

    lennascloud at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new series sounds great as well, when will it be released?

    shadowrunner1987ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bitterthorn, Texas series will be kicked off in July, and it's all about the lives and loves that can be found in just about any small town, if you look hard enough. ;) I'm so excited to introduce Bitterthorn to the world!

      Delete
  7. Great excerpt, I'm glad you could realise your dream of becoming a writer!

    moonsurfer123(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will your current Angel series be finished this year?

    anzuazura at yahoo dot de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful it will be, but there's no word yet on the last book in the series, DANGEROUS ANGEL. At least I have the release date for the third book, WOUNDED ANGEL, and that's May 27th. :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the great interview. I love your explaination on my angels

    fencingromein at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for your book! It sounds like a great read! Thanks so much for sharing!
    -Amber
    goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you like it! *bounces* Thanks for dropping by, Amber :)

      Delete
  11. BOY...You have written in a lot of different genres!

    I thought the same thing as Emily...That the cover model looks a bit like Lara Croft! That says a lot.
    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My genre-hopping is going to get me killed one day, you just wait and see. :P

      Thanks for commenting, Catherine! :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing! :) The interview was really great :) I've been following the tour and i keep getting more and more excited with each post.

    andralynn7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for sharing, the interview is great.

    sunshine_pinkystar(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asking "Why Angels?" is a good question. They do fascinate.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete