Friday, June 14, 2019

Sassing Saul Blurb Blitz

Blurb:
Annie used to believe in all that happily ever after crap, until the day she found out her Prince Charming husband was a conman with a wandering eye. On the same day she booted him to the curb, an alien fleet double-parked over Earth and life as she knew it ended. To survive she joined a militia unit and used her unique physic powers to fight off the alien invaders. She was so successful she earned the swell nickname of the Grim Reaper. Now she must fight for her own freedom because Saul Jones, a Coletti-hybrid warlord, has decided she’s his and he won’t stop until he possesses her.

General Saul Jones has his hands full. Not only is he a four-star Marine general, he’s also a Coletti warlord. To complicate matters, he’s the Coletti Overlord’s liaison to Earth and one of the patriarchs of “the” Jones clan. Raising his blood pressure even more is his teenage psychic daughter who has found her mate before she’s of legal age. Can you say raging hormones? Not to mention the headaches of dealing with all the interspecies head-butting and Central Command. He has a million and one things needing his attention and at long last he discovers the other half of his soul. Annie Russell aka the Grim Reaper. Instead of running into his arms, Annie’s running as far and fast as she can.



Excerpt:
A shuttle flew over the canyon.

I smiled. The General had arrived without any backup. The cocky guy thought he would block my stun grenades and simply overpower me. I was about to show him the error of his plan.

“You’re trapped. There’s no way out of the canyon.”

“Okay. Is this where I’m supposed to start pleading for mercy?”

“A smart woman would start apologizing.” There was a note of anger in the General’s voice.

“For what?”

“You’ve broken numerous laws and you had those blasted birds shit on me.”

“I did and I’m not apologizing for it.”

“Most people fear Coletti warlords,” the General snapped. 

“News flash. I don’t find you that scary. Did you flunk the “How to be a Big, Bad Warlord” course?” I swatted at a bee buzzing around my head.

“Your husband turned you into an angry, bitter woman,” General Jones stated grimly.

I flinched. He was right. Annie, the romantic, was dead and buried. “Hell, my prick of a husband, taught me that love is an illusion and to never, ever trust a man. In the end he will betray you and all you have left are the ashes of your dreams.”

“I’m sorry, darlin’.”



Don’t forget to visit the other stops on the tour.



Author Bio and Links:
I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for the Glendale Police Department and to keep from going totally bonkers – I mean people have no idea what a real emergency is. Take this for example: I answered, “9-1-1 emergency, what’s your emergency?” And this hysterical woman yelled, “My bird is in a tree.” Sometimes I really couldn’t help myself, so I said, “Birds have a tendency to do that, ma’am.” The woman screeched, “No! You don’t understand. My pet parakeet is in the tree. I’ve just got to get him down.” Like I said, not a clue. “I’m sorry ma’am but we don’t get birds out of trees.” The woman then cried, “But… What about my husband? He’s up there, too.” See what I had to deal with? To keep from hitting myself repeatedly in the head with my phone I took up writing.

Website    |    Facebook    |    Goodreads    |    Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having the gang over. Sassing Saul is a guilty pleasure for those who enjoy zany, spicy and fun sci-fi romances. Definitely give this book a go, you won’t regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encourage reading so having a family who loves to read I sure support.Thanks for sharing your terrific read with us.

    ReplyDelete