Friday, November 29, 2013

Blood Ties Review Tour

Blurb:
Kalin Moshire and his stepbrother, Shane, struggle to survive the race of people that they belong to known as the Nebu Khet. They are hunted because of Shane's heredity. He's half Homo Sapiens (sape) and Half Nebu Khet (khet). Kalin swore to protect him on the night his mother sacrificed herself to save their lives, but will he keep that promise or will unseen threats destroy them first.
From the cozy suburbs of Montgomery County, Maryland, to the busy streets of New York City, across the desert sands of Egypt, to the rocky cliffs of Ireland - Kalin must unravel the truths that have been hidden to him since childhood and fight for the right for both he and Shane to live.






Excerpt:
I know my limits have been reached tonight. As I stare at the angry pale face snarling at me from across the darkened room, I can feel the last of my strength dwindling down to nothing. My body keeps bleeding out its life’s blood and I can feel it gathering in pools around the spread fingers of my bruised and battered hands where I'm crouching on the concrete floor. I feel the weight of the power-laced air increase as my assailant hunches down into position for one last lunge and my gut tells me that this cold dark cellar may become my eternal resting place. In this moment there is an overwhelming sense that my life has become forfeit.


The rules have always been the same stretching back to the beginning of my people’s known history; Khet and Sapes can not mix.


Unfortunately for me, I was never good at following rules, nor had I experienced what I can only label as Love. That’s the one thing that really did me in.


In this place where all odds are against me, I envision her face one last time. Lifting my head slowly from the floor, I stare through the blood soaked strands of my hair at my opponent. His face is contorted into a mask of rage. His teeth glisten in the darkness and there is no mistaking the bloodlust in those ancient, glowing, yellow eyes.



Marcus will be awarding a copy of QUICK BITES ANTHOLOGY  By Marcus Twyman (For Kindle) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. So the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.





Author Information:
Marcus Twyman has lived most of his life in Montgomery County, Maryland. Since he was a child he's enjoyed writing stories, songs, and poetry - using the power of words as a therapeutic release for his feelings and emotions.


Now living in New York City, Marcus has been slowly adapting to the bustling concrete jungle and is incorporating his new experiences into his writing.



Author Website     |     Facebook     |     Twitter

1 comment: