Friday, June 14, 2013

Hacking Kickstarter, indiegogo Review


WARNING: DO NOT LAUNCH YOUR CROWD FUNDING PROJECT BEFORE READING THIS BOOK.
FACT: Over 65% of crowd funding projects fail. Why? Top 5 Reason's For Failure:


1) Campaign Missing Key Elements
2) Launched Before Gathering Their Tribe
3) Expected That if They Build It, They Will Come
4) Poor Advertising/Social Media Strategy
5) Lack of Partners


Hacking Kickstarter, Indiegogo (or any other crowd-funding site) How to Raise Big Bucks in 30 Days
walks you step by step into the process of creating, launching and wrapping your project.


Learn:


- How Curated Communities can give you added exposure


- How to get featured in Kickstarter and Indiegogo's newsletters (solid gold)


- How to grab funders attention the moment they land on your page


- How to generate traffic to your project


- How to easily find and target bloggers and journalist who want to publicize your project


- and much more!

Tried and true tactics, tips and secrets that work.


My Review:
I’d never heard of crowd-funding or Kickstarter till I discovered this book, so I had to do a bit of research to find out more about both before I read the book. Now, this isn’t a book on how to put a project together, it’s a book on how to succeed and get your project funded.

I greatly enjoyed this book, and learning all about the new (to me at least) world of crowd-funding. The book was engaging, plus there were plenty of helpful examples and recommendations. I definitely could tell that the author knew her stuff, and she seems like an expert on the process. The examples were helpful and relevant, as were the various sites she mentioned. The recommendations were great as well, some of which you couldn’t find just by googling them.

Also, I’m already considering using some of the advice she shared to increase exposure for my blog, so the book is useful even if you’re not doing a Kickstarter project yet. Plus, the author also included a section on how to succeed after a failure, which was great, since it often takes time and trial and error to succeed.

The only downsides I found with the book were the links and the grammatical errors. All the links that the author shared weren’t active, so when I clicked them they didn’t lead to the websites, though most of the sites weren’t that hard to find when I binged them, so it wasn’t too difficult to work around. It just took extra time and I couldn’t find some of the examples, which made it harder to visualize what the author was saying. Also, there were some grammatical errors that should have been fixed (ironically, that was part of her advice on how to succeed).

All in all though, this was an engaging read with plenty of advice, recommendations, and useful information, and I would highly recommend it not only for those looking to succeed with their crowd-funding venture, but also those looking to find success online (yes, that also includes fellow bloggers).


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment