Saturday, March 10, 2018

J.G. Dow Interview

Today I’d like to welcome J.G. Dow, who is here to answer some questions and share his book, Jane of Manchester, which one reviewer called a "Zany comedic diary of a contemporary girl!"


Blurb:
Jane is a thirty year old woman, living in the city and enjoying a good social life and has a close-knit family but worries if she is falling behind a bit and may need to think about settling down- a fun, quirky and easy reading novel.





James, thanks so much for stopping by. How did you get started writing?
I started off writing poetry and entered a few competitions but never won any and then moved onto my first novel which was a sci-fi called Head of an Apostle and then others followed from there really. I've done a few novels now in different genres.

What was the inspiration for your book?
My novel Jane of Manchester I decided to write under a pen-name, J.G. Dow and this was quite a departure from my other writings being a chick-lit novel. I went to University in Manchester and so knew the place fairly well and felt it might be a good place to set a book, having a bit of knowledge about the bar and restaurant scene.



What’s a genre you haven’t written in yet that you’d like to?
I have never written a horror novel so maybe that could be fun to have a go at, even if it ended up being a novella. Maybe a short story collection some time as well as I enjoy reading short stories sometimes- who knows if I'd be good at them though.



Are there any genres you won’t read or write in? Why?
I don't think I'd be that keen on doing a paranormal novel as I don't have much idea what I'd write about there and I can't see me going down the erotic novel route somehow! I don't read erotic stuff much although I tried an Anais Nin book once that was quite eye-opening in places!


What are you up to now? Do you have any releases planned, or are you still writing?
I am writing a fantasy comedy at the moment which is fun to do and pretty light-hearted. I have already written the Jane of Manchester follow up Jane Once More which is out at the moment but haven't begun a third one yet but hope to at some point.


Alright, now for some random questions. Favorite color?
I'd say blue.



Favorite movie?     
Garden State is good.



Book that inspired you to become an author?
The Catcher in the Rye perhaps…



You have one superpower. What is it?
 Tricky one...Mind-reading maybe!


You can have dinner with any 3 people, dead, alive, fictitious, etc. Who are they?
So hard to choose...how about David Foster Wallace, Bob Dylan, and Stephen Fry.



Last question: Which of your characters are you most like and how/why?
I suppose maybe Jane from Jane of Manchester in some ways (worrying too much and over-thinking things) but obviously we are quite different in most aspects.


That’s all from me, thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Thanks for the interview...James (J.G. Dow)



Author Bio:
J.G. Dow was born in Yorkshire, North England and has lived there for many years apart from some time spent living in Manchester. Hobbies include walking, playing guitar, reading and listening to a wide range of music as well as going for the odd hot curry with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment